New Orleans native, teacher, & contributing blogger, Kimberly DuCarpe, aspires…
Father’s Day: a day to honor the first and foremost man in your life. One day is not nearly enough time to celebrate him, so why not gift him with something he can use year-round? Since everyone is short on time and (likely) brain power this year, I’ve rounded up a gift guide for you! Check it out to find the perfect gift to not only bring a smile to your dad’s face, but to New Orleans local shop & small business owners, as well. I am so grateful to VIP New Orleans Magazine for granting me the opportunity to support our strong and beautiful city.
1. Leisuremann’s: Grabbing a “to-go” cup isn’t always an option while traveling, camping, fishing, tailgating, etc. These genius small business owners created portable cocktail mixes! Always be prepared with an Old Fashioned, Margarita, Bloody Mary, or Classic Daiquiri mix on hand. A total necessity. Whiskey Collection $22.95
2. Dirty Coast: Cooking Up a Storm: Recipes Lost and Found from The Times-Picayune of New Orleans was originally published after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. This hardback cover edition includes stories and recipes, which define our culinary legacy. Perfect for the dad who loves history and/or cooking! Cooking Up A Storm $30.00
3. Nola T-Shirt of the Month: Small business owners, John & Jackie Abston, created the NOLA T-Shirt of the Month Club. With a subscription, your dad will receive a New Orleans inspired tee each month. Not into subscriptions? Check out their t-shirt options to find one that best suits your dad! French Quarter Map T-shirt $23.00
4. Lucy Rose: In 2014, sisters, Kaitlyn Tufts and Lindsay Laws, expanded their clothing store to include home and interiors- offering a TON of trendy, creative, and fun gift options, as well! The Beer Freeze Cooling Cup is a top seller, and the Marbella Bar Tool Set is perfect for an aspiring mixologist. Beer Freeze Cooling Cup $19.50, Marbella 5 Piece Bar Tool Set $115.00
5. Perlis: A top quality, crawfish inspired gift? Yes. Check out these options for your favorite southern gentleman. Crawfish Club Tie $85.00, Crawfish Needlepoint Leather Coozie $29.50, Crawfish Rain Jacket $98.00
6. Varsity Sports: These wireless headphones offer open ear listening to be fully aware of surroundings, Bluetooth connectivity, dual noise-canceling mics, and repel sweat, dust, and moisture through any workout. Perfect for the athlete, music junkie, and/or multitasker. Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Wireless Headphones $79.95
7. Urban South Brewery: Cheers to southern crafted beer! Urban South Brewery offers a wide selection of southern-themed beers, each like a party in a can! Grab this fun set for a Saints fan; or buy a few and join him in celebrating our boys this season. Who Dat 6- Pack + Glass $11.00
8. Fleurty Girl: Don’t let the name fool you. Fleurty Girl retails keepsakes for guys, too! New Orleans Then and Now features the must-see sites of the city, from Bourbon Street to St. Louis Cathedral to the haunted LaLaurie Mansion. New Orleans Then and Now $9.95
9. NOLAS: At New Orleans Lip and Soaps artisan made products are created with premium ingredients and inspired by life in the Big Easy. Help your dad relax and enjoy a little luxury. Southern Gentleman Pumice Stone Soap $8.50, Beard Oil $7.00-$15.00
10. Louisiana Running and Walking Company: This combination phone case and insulated flask makes it easy to manage your phone, apps, and music, while also keeping fluids cooler for longer. Who doesn’t need more convenience, organization, and hydration in their lives? Speedview Plus Insulated Flask with Phone Case $40.00
New Orleans native, teacher, & contributing blogger, Kimberly DuCarpe, aspires to live a charming, yet fun-loving lifestyle. Her love of curating and sharing affordable, quality finds, has led her to VIP New Orleans, where she hopes to inspire others to live their best, southern life.